- Patrol AND Store tents, poles, pegs, guys. Fly’s where necessary.
- Dining/kitchen shelter, poles, pegs guys.
- Rest tent (sick bay tent).
- Fire Extinguishers for all cooking tents.
- A Fire extinguisher or water bucket for each tent being used.
- Spare bedding (Sleeping Bags and blankets)
- Storm lashings for all tents
- Hammer, nails, pliers, and mallet.
- Clothesline, sisal.
- Tables and benches.
- First Aid Kit recently reviewed
- Camp fencing system.
- Gas, electrical or solar lighting systems. Please avoid lights that use liquid or solid fuels
- Food containers.
- Cold storage facility such as chilly bins
- Slicker pads or salt ice – there is refreeze facilities available at the QM store
- Plastic bags, plastic wraps.
- Aluminium foil, food boxes.
- Appropriate cooking stoves.
- Table tops and table covering.
- Serving bowls and plates.
- Salt and Pepper Shakers, sugar, sauce, jam and butter containers.
- Cooking utensils, e.g. billies, pots, pans, camp ovens, teapot, cooking spoons and ladles.
- Potato peelers, can openers, meat and bread knives, egg beater or whisk. Measuring spoons, cups and jugs and Cutting boards. Matches or lighters.
- Wash basins and water buckets.
- Waste water disposal system (note you can’t dig holes).
- Dish mops/cloths, scourers, poll pads and scrubbing brushes.
- Clothes pegs, soap, detergent, disinfectant and hand sanitizer.
- 2 Rubbish bins with sealable lids – one for food scraps, one for general rubbish
LEADERS Personal Equipment
- Uniform (and scarf)
- Pack or kitbag.
- Day pack for lunches.
- Plastic storage bags for lunch etc.
- Sleeping bag with (optional) liner and (optional) cover.
- Blanket for the campfire and for cold nights.
- Camp Stretcher.
- Changes of underclothing – shorts, shirt, plus spare set.
- Coat, Parka or similar waterproof jacket.
- Long trousers (night time use).
- Warm jacket or jersey (wool or fleece).
- Sport shoes (old - for wearing around camp). Spare laces.
- Jandles (for shower use only)
- Socks (at least three pairs, preferably more!).
- Toilet gear – face cloth, soap, comb and/or Comb, toothbrush and paste, unbreakable (steel or plastic) mirror (Leaders ONLY), towel.
- Swimwear including large towel.
- Handkerchiefs or tissues.
- Eating utensils with ditty bag (plate/bowl/mug/knife/fork/spoon).
- Tea towel x 2.
- Mending gear (buttons, safety pins, and needle
- Personal first aid kit and any medication.
- Camera [optional] (owners responsibility).
- Sunscreen / Insect repellent (a necessity).
- Shaving gear (if applicable).
- Sun hat (hats must be worn).
- Water Bottle.
- Reading and writing material, notebook and pencil.
- Mobile phones (minimal charging facilities).
- Aqua shoes
Expensive electronic gear may be best left at home as SCOUTS cannot guarantee its security.
Leaders shoud also bring equipment for expeditions - where possible you will know which expedition you will be on before arrival.